Natural Moisturizers For Dry Skin
When it’s freezing outside, many of us love to enter our homes or buildings to bask in the comfort of the warm interiors, seeking out a warm beverage to take it even one step further. But in doing that, you could well be metering out harsh treatment to your skin, because cold winter winds and low humidity outside, and then coming inside to artificial warmth can steal moisture from the skin. Without proper care, dry skin can become tired, itchy, feeling tight and chapped and red, which promotes other skin conditions like acne and eczema. With proper care from natural moisturizers for dry skin, you can keep your skin looking soft, pampered, moisturized and youthful all year around – and one of the best ways to do that is to moisturize it from within!
Here are some Natural Moisturisers
- What you put in is what you get out, right, so that means you need to eat whole natural foods with fats such as nuts, eggs, chia seeds, lean meats like chicken, turkey and fish, some yogurts and cheeses and even butter, etc. Ensure that your milk and beef comes from cattle that are 100% grass-fed cows that will benefit your health, and not only your skin. Anchovies and sardines are packed with healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. Coconut oil, olive oil, and even cod liver oil can be taken each week for super skin results.
- It might sound ho-hum to you because you have heard it so many times before, but consuming plenty of fruit and vegetables literally does moisturize your skin naturally because they contain plenty of vitamin A, C, and E, let alone selenium and zinc. The salts in the fruits and veggies will retain more water for your skin to stay hydrated, and the antioxidants will help to fight free-radical damage and aging. Base your diet on plenty of veggies, with less fruit, and preferably all organic.
- Natural Moisturizers For Dry Skin certainly will come from drinking plenty of fluids because we all know how water keeps us hydrated. Water is not enough, though, and plenty of minerals and vitamins need to be included in the diet as well so that the body retains the water. Water also goes hand in hand with exercise because sweating during exercising helps to warm the body up, clears out the pores, and increases circulation to deliver nutrients to your skin.
- Remember too, to keep those heaters down in the icy weather, keeping the temperatures lower and rather wearing more clothes, turning the heaters off at night. Covering any exposed skin of your body with hats and scarfs etc. particularly in cold weather, protects the skin from the elements that so easily sap away at the precious moisture of your skin.
- And that brings us to the sun because many believe that in winter, being exposed to the sun cannot possibly damage the skin. But a high percentage of UVA rays are still able to penetrate the atmosphere and cause havoc to your skin. Continue to wear your hat and sunscreen lotions during extended exposure to the sun.
- Don’t over-exfoliate your skin if you want to retain natural moisture for your skin – once a week is sufficient. When you moisturize afterward, avoid products containing alcohol which can dry out the skin even more. Avoid astringents and peels as these can be very harsh for dry skin too. Instead, use hydrating masks. A natural and highly effective one which adds plenty of natural moisturizer to your skin is one containing milk, yogurt, egg yolk coconut oil or olive oil and avocado which you leave, all mixed up, on your face for a few minutes before rinsing off. And if you really want to give your skin that extra moisture, consider using a humidifier for your skin, particularly if you are in very dry areas.
- When washing your face and body, try and keep your wash water as cool as possible, avoiding long, very hot showers. Use delicate and mild soaps made preferably from coconut or olive oil, removing your make up with coconut oil.
By following these simple but very useful tips for maintaining natural moisture to dry skin, you will be able to avoid typical winter and even summer skin ailments – keeping your skin looking healthy and beautifully smooth, soft and moisturized, around the clock.
So there you have it, Natural Moisturizers For Dry Skin.